Tuesday, 18 April 2017

If Jesus came to fulfill the Torah, the Law and the Prophets, Why did he cry out in aramaic "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me ?"




In Matthew 5:17 Jesus says, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets (Torah); I have not come to abolish them but to FULFILL them." How then is the Torah fulfilled when Jesus seems to be abandoned to die on the Cross ? How is he "One with the Father" when he cries out in Aramaic ....  "My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me" ?? What has been accomplished ? What has been fulfilled ?

In fact, Jesus is not calling out to God, he is saying these words to "YOU". If he is the Messiah, (Annointed), those in the crowd, or reading this story Now, if you know Torah (Old Testament) by heart you would know the significance of these last words. "My God, My God why have you Forsaken Me ?"

So, if you know Torah by heart, you know that here Jesus is quoting Psalm 22 (Tehillim 22).... and you would run from Golgatha and open your scrolls to Psalm 22:2 and read what it says. When you do this you will see how Jesus fulfilled the Torah as Redeemer, Salvation (YshuaH/Jesus) the Suffering Servant. (Moshiach ben Yosef) ....

Read Psalm 22 below (English and Hebrew)

Notice that the word YeShuaH /Jesus is also there in the 1st line ....  ישׁוּעָתִי  (Salvation) 

2My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? You are far from my salvation [ ישׁוּעָתִ - Y'ShuAH] from the words of my moaning.ב. אֵלִי אֵלִי לָמָה עֲזַבְתָּנִי רָחוֹק מִישׁוּעָתִי דִּבְרֵי שַׁאֲגָתִי:
3My God, I call out by day and You do not reply, and at night I do not keep silent.ג. אֱלֹהַי אֶקְרָא יוֹמָם וְלֹא תַעֲנֶה וְלַיְלָה וְלֹא דוּמִיָּה לִי:
4But You are holy; You await the praises of Israel.ד. וְאַתָּה קָדוֹשׁ יוֹשֵׁב תְּהִלּוֹת יִשְׂרָאֵל:
5Our ancestors trusted in You; they trusted and You rescued them.ה. בְּךָ בָּטְחוּ אֲבֹתֵינוּ בָּטְחוּ וַתְּפַלְּטֵמוֹ:
6They cried out to You and they escaped; they trusted in You and they were not shamed.ו. אֵלֶיךָ זָעֲקוּ וְנִמְלָטוּ בְּךָ בָטְחוּ וְלֹא בוֹשׁוּ:
7But I am a worm and not a man; a reproach of man, despised by peoples.ז. וְאָנֹכִי תוֹלַעַת וְלֹא אִישׁ חֶרְפַּת אָדָם וּבְזוּי עָם:
8All who see me will mock me; they will open their lips, they will shake their head.ח. כָּל רֹאַי יַלְעִגוּ לִי יַפְטִירוּ בְשָׂפָה יָנִיעוּ רֹאשׁ:
9One should cast his trust upon the Lord, and He will rescue him; He will save him because He delights in him.ט. גֹּל אֶל יְהֹוָה יְפַלְּטֵהוּ יַצִּילֵהוּ כִּי חָפֵץ בּוֹ:
10For You drew me from the womb; You made me secure on my mother's breasts.י. כִּי אַתָּה גֹחִי מִבָּטֶן מַבְטִיחִי עַל שְׁדֵי אִמִּי:
11Upon You, I was cast from birth; from my mother's womb You are my God.יא. עָלֶיךָ הָשְׁלַכְתִּי מֵרָחֶם מִבֶּטֶן אִמִּי אֵלִי אָתָּה:
12Do not distance Yourself from me, for distress is near; for there is none to help.יב. אַל תִּרְחַק מִמֶּנִּי כִּי צָרָה קְרוֹבָה כִּי אֵין עוֹזֵר:
13Great bulls have surrounded me; the mighty ones of Bashan encompassed me.יג. סְבָבוּנִי פָּרִים רַבִּים אַבִּירֵי בָשָׁן כִּתְּרוּנִי:
14They opened their mouth against me [like] a tearing, roaring lion.יד. פָּצוּ עָלַי פִּיהֶם אַרְיֵה טֹרֵף וְשֹׁאֵג:
15I was spilled like water, and all my bones were separated; my heart was like wax, melting within my innards.טו. כַּמַּיִם נִשְׁפַּכְתִּי וְהִתְפָּרְדוּ כָּל עַצְמוֹתָי הָיָה לִבִּי כַּדּוֹנָג נָמֵס בְּתוֹךְ מֵעָי:
16My strength became dried out like a potsherd, and my tongue cleaves to my palate; and You set me down in the dust of death.טז. יָבֵשׁ כַּחֶרֶשׂ | כֹּחִי וּלְשׁוֹנִי מֻדְבָּק מַלְקוֹחָי וְלַעֲפַר מָוֶת תִּשְׁפְּתֵנִי:
17For dogs have surrounded me; a band of evildoers has encompassed me, They have PIERCED my hands and feet.יז כִּי סְבָבוּנִי כְּלָבִים עֲדַת מְרֵעִים הִקִּיפוּנִי כָּאֲרִוּ יָדַי וְרַגְלָי:
18I tell about all my bones. They look and gloat over me.יח. אֲסַפֵּר כָּל עַצְמוֹתָי הֵמָּה יַבִּיטוּ יִרְאוּ בִי:
19They share my garments among themselves and cast lots for my raiment.יט. יְחַלְּקוּ בְגָדַי לָהֶם וְעַל לְבוּשִׁי יַפִּילוּ גוֹרָל:
20But You, O Lord, do not distance Yourself; my strength, hasten to my assistance.כ. וְאַתָּה יְהֹוָה אַל תִּרְחָק אֱיָלוּתִי לְעֶזְרָתִי חוּשָׁה:
21Save my soul from the sword, my only one from the grip of the dog.כא. הַצִּילָה מֵחֶרֶב נַפְשִׁי מִיַּד כֶּלֶב יְחִידָתִי:
22Save me from the lion's mouth, as from the horns of the wild oxen You answered me.כב. הוֹשִׁיעֵנִי מִפִּי אַרְיֵה וּמִקַּרְנֵי רֵמִים עֲנִיתָנִי:
23I will tell Your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will praise You.כג. אֲסַפְּרָה שִׁמְךָ לְאֶחָי בְּתוֹךְ קָהָל אֲהַלְלֶךָּ:
24You who fear the Lord, praise Him; all the seed of Jacob, honor Him, and fear Him, all the seed of Israel.כד. יִרְאֵי יְהֹוָה | הַלְלוּהוּ כָּל זֶרַע יַעֲקֹב כַּבְּדוּהוּ וְגוּרוּ מִמֶּנוּ כָּל זֶרַע יִשְׂרָאֵל:
25For He has neither despised nor abhorred the cry of the poor, neither has He hidden His countenance from him; and when he cried out to Him, He hearkened.כה. כִּי לֹא בָזָה וְלֹא שִׁקַּץ עֱנוּת עָנִי וְלֹא הִסְתִּיר פָּנָיו מִמֶּנּוּ וּבְשַׁוְּעוֹ אֵלָיו שָׁמֵעַ:
26Because of You is my praise in the great congregation; I pay my vows in the presence of those who fear Him.כו. מֵאִתְּךָ תְהִלָּתִי בְּקָהָל רָב נְדָרַי אֲשַׁלֵּם נֶגֶד יְרֵאָיו:
27The humble shall eat and be sated; they shall praise the Lord, those who seek him; your hearts shall live forever.כז. יֹאכְלוּ עֲנָוִים | וְיִשְׂבָּעוּ יְהַלְלוּ יְהֹוָה דֹּרְשָׁיו יְחִי לְבַבְכֶם לָעַד:
28All the ends of the earth shall remember and return to the Lord, and all the families of the nations shall prostrate themselves before You.כח. יִזְכְּרוּ | וְיָשֻׁבוּ אֶל יְהֹוָה כָּל אַפְסֵי אָרֶץ וְיִשְׁתַּחֲווּ לְפָנֶיךָ כָּל מִשְׁפְּחוֹת גּוֹיִם:
29For the kingship is the Lord's, and He rules over the nations.כט. כִּי לַיהֹוָה הַמְּלוּכָה וּמוֹשֵׁל בַּגּוֹיִם:
30They shall eat all the best of the earth and prostrate themselves; before Him shall all those who descend to the dust kneel, and He will not quicken his soul.ל. אָכְלוּ וַיִּשְׁתַּחֲווּ | כָּל דִּשְׁנֵי אֶרֶץ לְפָנָיו יִכְרְעוּ כָּל יוֹרְדֵי עָפָר וְנַפְשׁוֹ לֹא חִיָּה:
31The seed that worships Him; it shall be told to the generation concerning the Lord.לא. זֶרַע יַעַבְדֶנּוּ יְסֻפַּר לַאדֹנָי לַדּוֹר:
32They shall come and tell His righteousness to the newborn people, that which He has done.לב. יָבֹאוּ וְיַגִּידוּ צִדְקָתוֹ לְעַם נוֹלָד כִּי עָשָׂה:



Psalm 22:16(17) "Like a Lion" ? or "They Pierced":

Scraps from a Dead Sea scroll, dated to 408 BC containing some of the Psalms were discovered at Nachal Hever, and one scrap contained the line from Psalm 22:16 with the word in question well in view. Though the writing on the scrap was faint, under magnification it was easy to see and decipher. The word "ka'aru" "Pierced" clearly ended in a vav not a yod, and was therefore a 3rd person plural verb: “they dug” or “they pierced.”

8 comments:

  1. Super. I did not know this. Great painting also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Shared ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus name in Hebrew means Salvation ? Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to have light shed on these mysteries..... Special Thanks.... keep up the great work.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Psalms fragment from Nahal Hever find in that text the word in question written as כארו, as Vall had previously speculated, and hence they support the reading "they pierced my hands and my feet".

    ReplyDelete
  6. כִּי סְבָבוּנִי כְּלָבִים עֲדַת מְרֵעִים הִקִּיפוּנִי כָּאֲרִי יָדַי וְרַגְלָי:

    כִּי סְבָבוּנִי כְּלָבִים עֲדַת מְרֵעִים הִקִּיפוּנִי כָּאֲרִוּ יָדַי וְרַגְלָי:

    When the yod in K'ari becomes a Vav .. K'aru ... yes, it says "pierced"

    ReplyDelete
  7. cant believe i never realized,Yeshua was calling to us

    ReplyDelete
  8. very insightful analysis of Psalm 22...thank you:)

    ReplyDelete